Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Would appreciate support for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk! :3

Supporting my sister in this one, half a world away. Here's her email:

Hi everyone,

Often times, we often look to make a difference in the world, no matter how big or small. My grandfather passed away from cancer and my aunt was once diagnosed with breast cancer and is now in remission. I've decided to become a part of the cause that will help contribute in developing a cure for this disease that affects us all.

It'll be a big feat for me, not just because it's for a great cause but because I've never joined a marathon before. I need to raise $ 1,800 for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer on September 13 and 14 and I hope you can all help me achieve that goal before September 13. I've been training every week going around my hilly neighbourhood, running and not just walking. And I will do my darndest to walk the 38 miles during the weekend. I'm hoping for your support and if you would like to donate, please clink on the link above. Thank you all for your generousity.

--> More info about the Avon Breast Cancer Walk here.

Which reminds me, I should go to the gym again ASAP.

No comments: