Saturday, January 03, 2004

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

The trip to Laguna wasn't as bad as I thought. In fact, it was EVEN BETTER.


On the way home from our last stop, Paete (home to woodcarvers and sculptors), we passed by some rice fields. At the right side of the trusty Mitsubishi Pajero that the driver, my mother, my sisters and I were cooped up in, was a row of rice fields trapped by the cemented road as well as nearby (nearby meaning about five to ten kilometers or so away) mountains. The sun beat down on us from the northwest side, at least that's how it looked from inside the 4X4 anyways.


And that's when we saw IT - A PERFECTLY ARCHED RAINBOW, WITH NEARLY ALL THE COLORS, ALMOST 1 KILOMETER LONG, BOTH ENDS VISIBLE TO THE NAKED EYE. This illustrated a beautiful aspect of the special theory of relativity in physics - while we were moving, the rainbow was "static." I could have sworn that we were sorry to rush to leave the town though, as my Ate and I had other engagements that night.


We hurriedly sent out SMS messages to our Dad and to all our loved ones back in Manila (or completely out of town). 'The reply of Sarah, Ate's friend, takes the cake: "Uy! Good luck 'yun! Tumaya ka na sa lotto! (Hey! That's good luck! You should join the lotto!)."


Unfortunately for Ate, I beat her in a game of jack-en-poy (stone-paper-scissors) a few minutes ago. XD


Well, I don't want to be modest but ... during some part of my life, I can honestly say that I DID have the power of extremely good luck.


It's about time I reclaimed it for myself! ^_^ Mwahahahahaha.

No comments: