Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered... whatever you're comfortable with) to your weblog of choice. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friends list (or friends-friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list.
And now here's the important part: if you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream pure-bred Basset Hound for free -- DO IT. You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf -- to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just... wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Ang tunay na makakapagpaligaya kay Ligaya (The things that will truly make Ligaya happy):
- A ONE / UNO (1.0) on her thesis
- To see her parents become friends again, which is better than seeing them die slowly day by day from hating each others' guts
- To be able to support her parents while earning her master's degree
- To meet and have a happy, fairy-tale ending with her Mahal
- To have more than PhP3,000.00 in her ATM account
- To find her shiny happy pink cloth so she can proceed with her final costume
- To be inspired to draw and write freely again
- To be 20 pounds thinner, 6 inches taller and a cup size fuller -- or at least to get all her fat to concentrate itself on her tiny breasts
- To collect all her favourite (and a notable number of lost) anime, manga, J-music and music CDs before she turns 30, which is when she plans to stop collecting these and concentrate on real life
- To restore her singing voice, piano-playing and note-reading skills as soon as possible
Of course, I know I can actually do many of these myself, but a few prayers and comments of encouragement through my guestbook (see upper-left corner of this page) would help me a lot.
Postscript: Hopefully this time around I can be the spirit of good Christmas cheer... but I'll need number five (5) from my list first! v^_^0